No matter you have got beautiful looks or the ordinary one, the proper application of blush can bring that extra radiance and glow to your face. You just have to know the correct way of applying the blush.
Points to remember:
- While selecting the color of blush make sure that it matches your lipstick color.
- You should go for a light shade of blush color for the daytime and a dark one for the lovely evenings.
- You can select either cream blush or powder blush depending upon the suitability of your skin. Cream blush is considered good for the dry skin whereas the powder blush is good for the oily skin.
- Make sure that before applying the blush you are finished with application of powder, foundation and eye makeup.
- While applying the powder blush prefer to use a round brush because it gives better effects as compared to the brush that usually comes with the blush.
- On your brush or on your middle finger place a little amount of the blush and ensure that you tap off the excess amount of blush if there is any.
- Now look into the mirror and give a smile so that your cheekbones are raised and place the blush on the apple of your cheek. Then brush up your cheekbone toward your hairline.
- In case you have a fuller face you should apply the blush at the outside of your face near your temples.
- In case of high cheekbones you should apply the blush in the center of your face.
- You should sweep the blush color in an arc following the line of your cheekbone up from the apple of your cheek to your hairline.
- In case you are using gel blush then you should rub it in small circle on the apple of your cheeks, blending it well up into your hairline.
- In order to give a more natural look you should apply a little blush down your cheeks, over your forehead, nose and chin.
Steps For Applying Blush
In order to find your cheekbones suck your cheeks in. Now feel along the edge of the cheekbone. This is where you have to place the cheek color to make your cheekbones more prominent and enhance your other features as well.
Now give a smile to yourself. This will reveal the apples of your cheeks. Then, dip your blush brush into the powder, shake off the excess, and brush it lightly over the apple of your cheek, moving upwards toward the ear, with short, up-and-down vertical movements.
You should apply your blusher underneath the cheekbone but for an even stronger look you can apply some to the temple also.
Again smile and apply the blusher to the apples of your cheeks. If you keep the blush color on the front of your cheeks then it will not only give an illusion of clear skin but also emphasize your eyes.
In case your face cut is long and narrow then you need to create width. For this you should apply the color no higher than the lower edge of cheekbone and keep the angle horizontal. You should apply blush color only on the outer side of your cheeks, as cheek color in the middle of the face will emphasize length only.
In case you want to enhance the length of your face then you should apply blush color in the middle of your face. The cheek color on the outer side of your cheeks will only emphasize roundness of your face.
Items required for applying blush
For applying blush in the proper way you need these items?
- Professional blush brush
- Translucent powder
- Bronzer blusher